Association “Sport Club Comac Sport” – Sofia, v. Ivanyane, Bulgaria is a local sports club in Sofia.
Being a sports team for more than 4 years has conducted various sporting activities with students who have demonstrated sports achievements, coming from a number of schools in the Sofia city district – Bankya, Ivanyane, etc. The club has gained valuable experience in the realm of non-formal education and has established a fruitful collaboration with a secondary school in the village of Ivanyane. As a result, the sports trainers and coaches who work with young people have been able to integrate a strong non-formal education approach in the sporting activities they conduct.
Moreover, “Sport Club Comac Sport” has embraced the European Union’s vision for sport as a key tool for promoting social & personal values such as team spirit, discipline, perseverance & fair play, as well as for boosting knowledge, motivation, and skills.
The club participates on a regular basis in the European Week of sports, both in Bulgaria and abroad.
Having in mind the above, the sports club’s main activities are focused on:
1. Organizing, assisting, and conducting sporting events in football, volleyball, basketball, swimming, tennis, badminton, mental sports, martial arts;
2. Promoting the physical and sports culture among its members;
3. Developing and promoting physical education and sport;
4. Working to protect creative interests and develop the creative potential of its members;
5. Developing high-level sporting skills in its members,
6. Participating individually and at team-level in national & international events, and being a member of the national sports federations and associations for the types of sport practiced within the sports club;
7. Highlighting the importance of sport for man’s health.
Based on those, “Sport Club Comac Sport” organizes & delivers a purposeful physical education and follows a detailed sports program, so as to improve the health and functional abilities of its members. It promotes youth activity in order to increase individual physical culture and social inclusion. In its work, the club is led by the notion that both formal and non-formal education can be complemented with the sport. Thus, physical activities and sport can contribute to building and developing skills among youth. The innovative Education-through-sport (ETS) methods, implemented by “Sport Club Comac Sport” in its daily routine, provide an excellent opportunity to learn, carrying out activities that are enjoyable & based on active participation and involvement. Bringing young people closer through the universal language of sport results in powerful learning outcomes that club members are likely to integrate into the rest of their lives.